Labels

September 14, 2012

New Paris man admits to sex with child


NEW PARIS, Ohio (WDTN) - A New Paris man was sentenced Friday for raping a child.
Christopher Scott, 38, pleaded guilty to several charges including raping a child under the age of 13.
Scott sat silently as a judge accepted his new plea, then sentenced him to ten years to life in prison.
An investigation began earlier this year after the Preble County Sheriff's Office learned Scott had been raping a girl, possibly since she was six years old.
Scott was told he must serve at least 10 years in prison before he's eligible for parole. He later told the judge his actions were selfish and he apologized.
"I hurt more people than I ever thought I could by my actions. wish I could say I'm sorry and make it all better, but I can't," said Scott.
Scott will be labeled as a tier three sex offender upon his release, meaning he'll have to register his address with the sheriff every ninety days.